Tuesday, April 09, 2024

The Day After

I really enjoyed yesterday's total eclipse. This was my second time experiencing a total eclipse and I really enjoyed the excitement and emotions of the people around me that had never had that experience before.
It was all pretty cool.

So...
I missed a coming total eclipse in 2026 that will run from the North Pole and down into Northern Spain. That sounds like a good trip. It only touches the tip of Iceland and it might be that Northern Spain will be a better place to find a viewing spot.

Then there is the 2027 total eclipse through Northern Africa, followed by July 2028 in Australia. Australia gets another one in November 2030.
I wonder if I could find a place to stay in Australia.
Hmmm...
Maybe we'll become eclipse chasers.
Maybe not.

Today -- life goes on. 
The moon keeps spinning around the earth.
The earth keeps orbiting around the sun.
The sun keeps moving within our galaxy.
And all of it hurtles through space in a cosmic dance that has been choreographed billions of years ago.
It is pretty mind boggling from my perspective.

Be the light
Not the eclipse

John


No comments: