Monday, April 01, 2024

Enough with the foolishness

It's early on April Fools' Day and I am thinking this would be an excellent day to stay off of social media. There is enough foolishness in our world without adding to it. I normally enjoy humor and pranks as much as the next person, but I'm feeling a little "Bah-Humbug"-ish this morning.

Maybe it's the grey, overcast sky and the impending April shower that has me feeling this way, but I don't really think so. I am actually hopeful for some good seasonal rains to water the flowers for me. 
Sitting on the deck for my morning coffee and quiet time is quite relaxing this morning. The birds seem to be a little extra loud as they feed and fly this morning. Perhaps they are working extra hard in preparation for April's first thunderstorm which is expected later today.

I think the low clouds tend to make the noise from the nearby highway a little louder and audible from farther away than usual. It's surprising how much you can hear when you take the time to listen. 

Perhaps that's the real problem in our world today -- nobody is really listening.
Or maybe we just hear too much foolishness that we are no longer paying attention to anything that anyone has to say rather than sorting through the noise to find the important voices. 
I've found that I can usually sift through the noise by eliminating the voices that have proven track records of spewing bullshit or constantly adding negative, complaining voices into the cacophony. 

Hmmm...
Maybe every day is an excellent day to stay off of social media.

What voices are you allowing into your life?
How's that working out for you?

It's something to think about.

John

2 comments:

Mike said...

Blogger isn't social media, is it? It's just friends hanging out, right?

John A Hill said...

That's right, Mike!