Wednesday, April 01, 2020

Trapped

Does anyone else feel like they're caught in trap?
... A Facebook trap?

I know I need to distance myself from the barrage of negativity that Facebook is, but I just keep going back. I tell myself that it keeps me in touch with family and friends, but even their posts are often of "the virus" or of news surrounding the current pandemic life of our time.
I come away from a Facebook session irritated by government inaction or angry with people that don't seem to take the crisis seriously.

I'm even guilty of contributing to the cacophony by sharing articles and commenting on other's posts.
I say I'm going to get away from it ..., but then I'm back.
I can take a walk, read a book, distract myself in someway ... but then I'm back

I think I'm going to take a break for a couple of days. I'll be around for Thursday's barchurch and Sunday morning Venues, but I'm going to avoid Facebook otherwise. Feel free to send me a message if you're worried about me or just want to say hi.
My own posts from here or my other blog will show up on Facebook, as well as anything I post on Instagram. Other than that, I hope to remain absent for a short period of time.
Maybe I'll start writing more frequently.
Maybe not.

John

1 comment:

MikeyP said...

Good call. I feel like I am handling the negativity part well enough, which is a sure sign I am NOT! :)

Definitely wasting a LOT of time online, though. Be safe!