Tuesday, April 07, 2020

Self-control -- or not

Ugh!
Apparently my self control only goes so far. Thinking that I could ease back into my Facebook news feed, I came across a "non-political" post about the stresses that our president faces every day. Yeah, I went off on a mini rant before reining myself back in.

I also started a post (yesterday) to express some thoughts on the coronavirus and the associated COVID-19 disease. But I just get so damned angry at the poor response, the misinformation, and the disregard that so many have. The inability of people to distinguish between truth and lies is absolutely infuriating. I cannot expose myself to such idiocy and remain calm. My only hope for maintaining my inner peace is to refrain from exposure to it.
I am open to discussion and learning someone's perspective and reasoning. I even get that we may walk away with the same opinions that we brought into a discussion. If we at least gain some understanding of another's thought process, we've gained something. Unfortunately, those types of conversations are far too rare.

In the end, perhaps I've learned that I can't be trusted to be a nice person if I am exposed to not nice persons. Perhaps I need to learn to keep my opinions to myself.



Find your peace.
Guard your peace.
Keep your peace.

John

1 comment:

Mike said...

Welcome back to the dark side.