Saturday, April 04, 2020

Social Distancing from Social Media

I just logged into my Facebook account and briefly scrolled through my feed for the first time in three days. After a couple of days of socially distancing myself from Facebook I have a few observations.

1.  I was spending (wasting) way too much time on Facebook.
2.  I can login a couple of times per day to check comments or notifications without scrolling through my feed.
3.  I can scroll through and not read every post and not comment on any post.
4.  I miss some of the posts, some of the groups, and some of the people that I connect with through Facebook.
5.  I think I'll treat it more like a place that I enjoy visiting from time to time instead of it being a place where I live.

    *****

To those of you that left suggestions about the upcoming 2000th post -- thank you.
I'm still thinking about it and thinking that I shouldn't have said anything. Now I'm thinking that I've put an unnecessary burden on myself for something special.
Sacrebleu!

In any case, there is still time to share your ideas.
Stay home.
Stay healthy.

John

2 comments:

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Good advice to stay home. Best wishes to you in riding this out.

John A Hill said...

You too, Angel.