Sunday, April 29, 2018

Sunday Night Reflections

It's Sunday evening and I'm just thinking about the day, the month past, and what I have to do in the coming days.

I've been on the road some this past month (about 2000 miles on the bike, a few hundred in the car). I was able to spend time with my folks and also got to see my kids in Chicago. Chris and I also had dinner with Hannah and Daniel on a couple of occasions here in the Ozarks. And I managed to make my way to a couple of Cardinal baseball games -- one in Chicago and one in St. Louis.
I had the evangelism conference at the beginning of the month and the revival that followed, so it has been a pretty busy month. I think I'll wrap it up by taking in a day game tomorrow as the Springfield Cardinals are in town and it's supposed to be another beautiful day in the Ozarks!

In thinking about this morning's church service and my continuing assessment of my role in the Kingdom, I was thinking -- If I didn't tell people that I am a follower of Jesus, would they know (or even suspect) that I am?
I don't have any problems talking about my beliefs. I even talked about it with the people sitting next to me in the bleachers at the game last Thursday. It turned out they were the staff from a church in St. Charles MO on a day out.

But what if I couldn't use words?
What if people judged my relationship with Jesus based on what I do?
Because I'm pretty sure that they do!

sigh
I'm afraid I still have a long way to go.
I think I'll step up the challenge (at least for me) from telling people -- "God loves you," to showing them that God loves them!

John <><

Question:
I know that tomorrow is April 30th, but if I get my bike inspected in the morning and get my plates renewed before going to the ballgame, can I say that I didn't really wait until the last minute to take care of it?
Just curious.



1 comment:

Mike said...

'What if people judged...'

Those people don't count in your life.