Tuesday, April 17, 2018

On the road again...

Just a quick post as I get ready to head out for a quick little trip to Central Illinois. Today will be a relatively cool ride. Although the temperature in the Ozarks is forecast to reach 70f (21c) by mid afternoon, it'll be more like 50 (10c) where I'll be on the ride. Looking at the forecast for the route, I may see some 60s (15c) around St Louis, but will plan for a cool day and dress accordingly. I plan on taking my time this morning and starting a little later to take advantage of slightly warmer hours.

I'll be heading back home on Thursday and am thinking about an alternate route that will take me off of the interstate highway for most of the trip. It will add a few miles and about an hour of time, but the variety might be nice.

Hours of highway time is nice for clearing the head of all the junk that seems to accumulate there. If it's not too windy, I can listen to my headset radio or some tunes from my phone via bluetooth. Most of the time, I just listen to the wind and enjoy the quiet.

I spent the past week+ at an evangelism conference and a revival in the Waynesville/St Robert area. I need to share some thoughts on that but it will have to wait until I get back. We recently changed our cell carrier and I no longer have tethering or hotspot capability without paying extra. Creating a wifi hotspot was generally how I connected my laptop when traveling.
Fwiw, we switched from AT&T to Cricket Mobile. Cricket is owned by AT&T and uses their towers. Our coverage is the same and our cost is about 2/3 of what it was. I could add the hotspot feature and still be way under what we were paying, but I don't really use it that often. I kept my old phone and Chris upgraded to a new one.

I know it's still pretty cool and there aren't a lot of motorcycles on the road just yet, but do keep an eye out for old guys on bikes. Some of us aren't smart enough to wait for warmer weather!

John <><




2 comments:

Mike said...

Interesting about Cricket.

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Have a great trip, John!