Tuesday, November 03, 2015

Too Much Stuff!

It is late in the evening and I've yet to write to keep the streak alive in the 30 Day Writing Challenge.

One of my projects for the winter is to finally get my magic room organized to the point that I know what is in there and can find it when I need it. For the past few years it has just been a place where stuff goes. When I first started putting my stuff in there, it was in some kind of order. But eventually it became a place where stuff just disappeared in the mass collection of -- stuff!

And it's not just magic stuff!
Also in the stuff are my books that have to do with church stuff and other spiritual stuff and books that are about all kinds of other stuff, too!

You know the kind of undertaking I'm up against (or maybe not)! It's the kind of project where there is so much stuff that you really don't know where to start so you just start. And you can't really put stuff away yet because there isn't any place that doesn't already have stuff that is going to have to be moved and put someplace else -- that already has stuff!

But I am finding some cool stuff that I had forgotten about!
I have some really cool stuff that I haven't ever used in a show. Early on, I was buying stuff that I thought was cool magic even though I didn't really have a venue to perform with it. Fortunately, I gave up that bad habit. However, I have some fun magic and need to work on it and maybe work on finding some new venues.

I am looking forward to working on some close up skills this winter and am thinking about a venue where I may be able to hone those skills. I want to work on cards, coins and other close-up stuff and maybe a little bit of mental stuff.
But first, I need to get my stuff organized!

Maybe I can be working on some stuff while I'm still getting organized.
After all, I have all winter and it's not like I have a job that I have to go to!

I'm going to have to get a video camera and a You Tube channel to demo some stuff and maybe sell some of this magic that I never use.

John <><


2 comments:

Mike said...

Your magic stuff is disappearing? Now that's funny.

eViL pOp TaRt said...

You managed a p.thoughtful essay on stuff. It just seems to mount u