Wednesday, November 04, 2015

My Life in Seven Years

Another one of the 30 Day Writing Challenge topics.

In seven years two things will happen that will be of significant financial benefit to us.
Our mortgage will be paid off and I'll get a bit of a raise as a change in my retirement plan kicks in. I'm hoping that will mean that we'll be able to do more traveling.

I really have no idea what my life will be like next year, much less in seven years.

I imagine that I will still be preaching some and doing some magic. I hope to be in decent physical condition and good health. I expect that we will be living in Southwest Missouri. Other than that, I really don't know what life holds for us.
I do expect that I will be happy.

Although there are many areas of life that are out of our control, choosing to be happy is well within our control. It is a choice. We can choose to be happy in spite of our circumstances. Even though I have never really faced adversity, I hope that I will choose to be positive and have a good attitude no matter what challenges we face.

Having more control over the people that I am around on a regular basis definitely makes keeping a positive attitude easier.

All-in-all, life is good and I'd rather live it a day at a time than to think about what might be years down the road.

John <><

2 comments:

Mike said...

Seven years is a long time from now and it will be here before you know it.

eViL pOp TaRt said...

John, I do hope you will be happy during that time and beyond. God be with you!