Friday, June 19, 2015

Summer

Sometime on Sunday morning the sun will reach its furthest point in its northward travels and touch the imaginary line known as the Tropic of Cancer and it will mark the beginning of Summer 2015!

Spring in the Midwestern US has been cool and wet. I don't know the official rain fall for spring but it seems that we have had plenty. I'm okay with the cooler temperatures. I know that the summer heat is on its way. I am spending this weekend at a kids' camp in Mt Vernon, MO and we had a great night. Fortunately, I get to spend the evening in a solo room and don't have to chaperone a bunch of grade schoolers.

It allows me to stay up late and read or write or play on my Chromebook, sleep well, get up early and not have to worry about anybody else. And it is probably best not to expose a bunch of tender minds to a grumpy and curmudgeonly Pastor John! I'm sure we are all better for the moderate isolation of the old man.

It has been a while since we've lived away from the night lights of a small subdivision and I had forgotten how beautiful the night sky can be when so many stars are visible. The universe is a truly remarkable sight!

I took a short stroll to get away from the lights surrounding the cabins and was amazed at God's handiwork!

"When I look at your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him, and the son of man that you care for him?" Psalm 8:3-4

Here is my favorite summer song. I love the pictures that the words paint in my head. You can watch the pictures on the You Tube video or you can close your eyes, listen to the words and let your mind paint the pictures for you.



Happy summer,
John <><






No comments: