Sunday, August 30, 2026

Coffee time

I decided that a morning ride and a coffee shop stop would be a fine way to begin my Sunday morning. It will be hot again this week, so a little riding before it becomes uncomfortably hot seemed like a good idea.
I didn't go very far, just to the Mudhouse at the north end of Ozark. The single origin Guatemalan drip for a bottomless cup and the blueberry muffin make a good backdrop to typing away on my blog while observing the many others that are stopping in for their morning fix.

If you are in the SWMO area and would like to meet for coffee sometime, drop me a message. Whether by bike or truck, I'd be happy to meet you for a well brewed cup of coffee and a conservation. It crossed my mind that I could make it to church at The Venues this morning, but I decided that a solo ride and a cup of coffee while sitting solo at a coffee shop was much more aligned with my people coping tolerance today. 

A few short rides on the bike have been good. I don't feel the same about riding as I once did. There isn't the same feeling of freedom or stress relieving therapy that there used to be. Maybe I no longer need that kind of get-away-from-it-all experience. 
I have a pretty chill kind of life.

I will say that it is still enjoyable, but I would not say that the compulsion to ride still exists for me. I will likely use the bike for errands when it is appropriate, but don't see myself just going out for a ride like I used to do. On hot afternoons (like today) a more appropriate non-productive activity would be to lounge in the pool for an hour or two. 
I might know a few things about being non-productive!

I hope that you have a week with a balanced amount of non-productive time. 

John


No comments: