Friday, September 13, 2024

IG Threads

It's almost daily that I now receive invites to view content on Instagram Threads. I often click on it based on the content, but am then directed to the Play Store to download the app since I didn't initially realize that it was a Threads post. I see that some of my IG friends are on Threads, But I have to ask myself if one more social app is something that I really need. While I am reasonably certain that my life will go on perfectly fine without it and I don't have FOMO anxiety, I still wonder if there are any good reasons to get it and adapt.

So...
To those of you that participate, tell me why I should get it.
What are the benefits or advantages to being on IG Threads?
I don't really need anything to occupy more of my time and likely already spend more time on social platforms than I really should. Will this experience enhance my life in any way?
I dropped my LinkedIn profile several years ago. As a willingly unemployed retiree, I didn't see how keeping up such an account was beneficial. 

My current social platforms include Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter (does anyone really call it X?).
Should I add threads or not?

John

1 comment:

Mike said...

I've got an Instagram account incase a Facebook post leads there. But then it asks me to sign in and I go MEH!