Wednesday, May 01, 2019

Traveling...

I don't think I'm a very good vacationer.
I've never been one to go-go-go on vacation. I don't want to get home and have to rest from what ever running and funning we've done for the past week or so. I'm perfectly happy to lay on a beach or by a pool while enjoying a good cigar, a cool drink, and the company of family or friends. Most of the time it is just me and Chris, and that seems to works for us.

I don't really have a life that I need to take a vacation from. I don't have a tropical beach nearby, so I guess I just need to move! And I would if it were up to only me. I'd have a place on or near the beach with a couple of extra bedrooms and you all could take your vacations when you visit us. I've tried to assure Chris that we would have plenty of guests, but so far I am still living in the Ozarks of Southwest Missouri.

Living is Southwest Missouri is not so bad. Many people spend their vacation time traveling to the Ozarks for its many attractions and family friendly atmosphere. There are miles and miles of shoreline on the beautiful lakes -- but no ocean and enough cold weather that much of the year is not very swim friendly!
Even so, I could work with a lake home compromise, but that looks unlikely.

I suppose I could take up fishing and spend my days doing the hunter/gatherer thing by foraging nature for our food rather than going to the grocery store. So far, the grocery store has been the extent of my hunting, fishing, gathering experience (and will likely continue to be).
I have considered a kayak or SUP to make use of the many lakes and rivers, but have yet to pull that trigger -- maybe this year. Most of the reason for not doing it just the money. I hate spending money on myself. It just feels sort of selfish.

Time to get on with day.
Enjoy yours.
Be kind along the way.

John <><


4 comments:

AuntieAllyn said...

Stan's been dreaming of a fishing kayak for several years now. The only thing holding him back is . . . getting the kayak to a lake. His car (Miata) isn't running, I won't let him put a hitch on MY car, and he doesn't really want to hitch up some contraption to the back of our Road King. I swear, sometimes I think you guys are brothers from different mothers . . .

John A Hill said...

This made me smile!

Mike said...

You would move further away from Ted Drews than you are now?!

John A Hill said...

Yes!