It turns out that I'm both!
I have to admit that even though I see the great advantages of today's technology and can't begin to imagine what is in our future I am still far behind the curve when it comes to adapting my life to the available technologies. I am aware that some of my hesitancy is due to intimidation and ignorance.
Not knowing is one thing. Not knowing what I don't know can be crippling.
Friday morning I had a couple of notifications for verification of somebody wanting to access my Amazon account from another device. I did the recommended sign out of all devices and changed the password, but then I couldn't get my Kindle to reconnect properly. It showed connected to my account but wouldn't show my library or bring up the books I am currently reading. I have spent the past two days signing out, signing in, resetting factory defaults and starting over.
And over,
And over.
Honestly, I don't think I did anything differently today than I've been doing, but I am finally properly connected to my account.
Yay!
This makes me happy.
And while I am ranting about technology -- WTF is up with Google and its bullsh!t relabeling of Lake Ontario?
Google Maps now has Lake America in the north to go with the Gulf of America in the south.
What a bunch of ball-less cocks!
All of the information and influence that they have as a tech giant and this is how they want to be known.
smh
Maybe being low tech, and even being slow at being low isn't so bad.
I think I'll read my book on my recently reconnected Kindle.
John
Monday, August 31, 2026
Low Tech vs Slow Tech
Labels:
rant,
technology
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment