Sunday, January 31, 2021

Six Years

It's a cold, damp January day with a forecast high of just 34f (1c) degrees. I may have to postpone my six year retirement anniversary cigar until later in the week. Wednesday it is supposed to be around 50 (10c) and I can also celebrate having received my second dose of the Covid-19 vaccine. 

I might go out in search of a nice barrel-aged stout for today. That's been the other half of my traditional retirement celebration. True to form, my grand annual retirement celebration has been a party of one -- a nice barrel-aged stout, a good cigar, and a peaceful hour and a half or so to enjoy it.
There was no beach trip this year as travel is still on hold, but I'm sure that I can find a beach state of mind somewhere in my head. Beach travel will have to wait for safer travel days in a post pandemic world.

Anyway you look at it, retirement has been a pretty good gig. I'll celebrate today --  even without the smoke.

John

2 comments:

Mike said...

Does it seem like 6 years? I can still remember you talking about retirement. How long has it been since you've had to stay awake by laying down in a dark room for 4 hours and not falling asleep?

John A Hill said...

I don't think I had to take one of those test my last year working. They finally got a flight surgeon that wasn't a dinosaur in his thinking.