Thursday, January 07, 2021

Blank Space

I've been staring at a blank page for some time now. I keep thinking that I need to write something about the crazy event that took place in the US Capitol yesterday. I think most of what can be said, has been said and I don't need to throw more gasoline on that fire.

I thought maybe I could offer some encouraging words as we move forward, but I don't know that I have it in me this morning. The fear, hatred, and self-centered attitudes that brought yesterday's insurrection about are so prevalent in this country that I expect there is more to come. So many seem to be okay with what happened that my mind is boggled.

I can't say that I'm disappointed with humanity. My expectations are pretty low. Maybe you find yourself in a similar funk today. I'm just going to chill, stay off of Facebook for the rest of the day, and maybe do something to make my corner of the world a little brighter. 
Eh, I think I'll wait for tomorrow to do anything. 

John

1 comment:

Mike said...

"My expectations are pretty low."
I'm right there with you.