Friday, January 01, 2021

It's 2021 -- Now What?

It's 2021.
The only thing that means is that we survived 2020.
Whatever.

I'm starting off the new year with a nice Ethiopian Yirgacheffe naturally processed coffee by Full Octave (thanks, Hannah). It has the subtle blueberry notes that you would expect from coffee grown in that region of Ethiopia. This is the way I'll begin most days of the coming year -- quiet house, good coffee, laptop.
Hopefully, there will be more days on the deck and fewer days by the fireplace. I'm also hopeful of several days somewhere by a beach. Time will tell.

I did manage to do a lot more reading in 2020. I ended 2019 just getting back into reading some fiction and continued that in 2020. I didn't keep track of titles or numbers but know I managed to read a couple of dozen books. I've enjoyed the fiction and hope to continue casual reading in '21.
Hmmm... I'm thinking of that beach again, this time with a good cigar, a cold drink, and a book.

January 1st is a national holiday in the US. Having worked through many holidays in my working years, I know that it's just another day for much of the population. However you spend it, spend it well. 
It's a new day, a new chapter, a blank page.
It's your story. Make it worth telling.

John

2 comments:

AuntieAllyn said...

I’m shocked at the number of stores that are open for business today, but I guess they’re hoping for much-needed income. I’m staying home, putting away the Xmas decorations and cooking like a madwoman. I’m also pondering what our lives will be like when I pull out my holiday decorations in November . . . hopefully most of the Covid chaos will be behind us by then.

Mike said...

Now we wait for 2022 to see if COVID is under control by then.