Thursday, October 08, 2020

Teaching Old Dogs

I watched the Vice Presidential debate last night -- okay, I didn't manage to endure the whole thing. We were out when it started but recorded it with the new fangled DVR technology. I intentionally mock the technology that has been out for a decade or more because we have never had it until a month or so ago and this was the first time we used it. When we got home, we watched the remaining part of the debate live and then went back to the beginning.

I admit that I am a bit of a technological dinosaur. While I greatly appreciate the technology I use and realize that there would be benefits to using other technological advances that I don't use, I am slowly adapting to the world of internet technology and advances. I'm not sure that the same can be said of many of the old politicians that are running our country or aspire to run it.

Does VP Pence not know that there are audio and video files to prove that he lied or made misleading statements repeatedly last night. Is the President unaware that everything he says is recorded. Do they really believe that they can lie and we won't know it.

They campaign like a couple of old white guys that can browbeat constituents into voting for them by outshouting their opponents -- okay, Pence is more of a soft talking, condescending liar, but you get the point. That campaign style may cater to their base, but don't they need to expand their influence if they hope to win this election? I imagine that there are many of their more technology savvy supporters that must be embarrassed by the disregard for truth.

When outright lies are made from any political candidate, I am surprised that the opponent doesn't just respond by telling listeners to fact check it for themselves. I dare say that these old dogs are going to be the cause of their own demise -- and this is one old dog that will welcome the change.   

John

No comments: