Wednesday, October 07, 2020

New Bluetooth Keyboard

 It has been quite sometime since the keyboard attachment to my 2 in 1 laptop/tablet quit functioning. I'm pretty sure I've been using the onscreen virtual keyboard for over a year. While I haven't felt so inconvenienced as to buy a new one, it probably has kept me from writing as often this past year. The virtual tablet keyboard isn't as bad as texting from my phone, but neither is it as fast nor as comfortable as an actual keyboard.

A new Bluetooth keyboard should be arriving today. I'm looking forward to using it and writing more often. And it's just in time for NaNoWriMo!

November is National Novel Writing Month and is an encouragement to writers to write daily and finish a novel. While I don't plan on writing a novel next month (or any month for that matter), I may be more likely to work on the NaBloPoMo (blog posting) thing and actually post daily. If there is a topic you'd like to hear my thoughts on, feel free to offer the suggestion.

I admit that I have a couple of non-fiction book beginnings floating around in "the cloud," but I'm not sure I have the discipline nor desire to bring them to a successful conclusion. I'm really no longer the same guy that started those books.

For better or for worse, you may be hearing from me more often in the coming days. Take appropriate action!

John

2 comments:

John A Hill said...

My new keyboard's here!
Just as I was going to make the walk to the mailbox to see if it had arrived, the mail carrier was pulling into the driveway. Now the keyboard is charged up, connected, and in use!

It is about the same size as the tablet's original keyboard, but not being physically attached to the tablet is an advantage. My guess is that I'll continue to use the virtual keyboard much of the time (funny how I didn't like it when it was first necessary) but this will be much better when I plan on doing any writing or blogging.

Now to play!

Mike said...

I would have thought, like me, your thumbs were too big.