Saturday, January 19, 2019

John, Chapter 14

John 14

In summary --

Jesus begins in earnest to prepare his closest followers for his death. I'm not sure if they really understood that his "going away" meant he was going to die. I think that understanding came later.
Jesus again emphasizes the need to follow his teaching and to show love. He tells them that loving him is the same as loving God, the Father. He assures them that he will continue to live in them and through them.

My favorite verse --

6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

Follow Jesus.

Something to think about --

Jesus says (verse 14), "If you love me, you will keep my commandments."
Unfortunately, many people say they love Jesus, but they either don't know his commandments or they choose not to follow them.

Is it possible to love Jesus and choose to remain ignorant about his teaching?
Is it possible to love Jesus and choose to be disobedient about following his commandments?
Or is it possible that we really don't love Jesus and choose to do our own thing, our own way?

John <><

No comments: