Friday, January 11, 2019

Coffee time!

Yeah, I know.
It's always coffee time!

This morning I'm at Kingdom Coffee (personally, I think it should be Kingdom Koffee). I've heard about this place from friends and since I was downtown this morning I decided to drop in.

I'm pretty easy to please when it comes to good coffee. I'm typically a black coffee, no sweetener, no flavoring, or an Americano, same way. In general, I prefer a medium roast to a darker roast, and will occasionally have a lighter roast.
This morning (at the barista's recommendation) I'm just having a cup of black coffee, their house roast. I haven't asked about it, but I'm guessing a medium roast and possibly a Guatemalan blend. It's good. It has an earthy taste with a maybe light chocolate notes and a hint of spice towards the end. I would definitely buy this for home if I was in need of more coffee.

Right now, I'm set at home since I just bought some coffee at The Dancing Mule.
I was there on Wednesday with Hannah and had an Americano. It was nice to sit and visit. I always enjoy coffee with my girl.

Both of these places seem to have their regular community of coffee drinkers. Wednesday there were several customers that knew each other coming and going from the place, and this morning it is obvious that the guy at the cash register knows many of the customers. There is a buzz of conversations between customers, as well as a few of us that are on our computers or phones. It is a very young crowd and I'm old enough to be the dad of just about everyone in here. It has a nice energy for a dreary Friday morning.

I generally have good coffee at home and rarely venture out to a coffee shop for my morning elixir. Maybe I'll need to make a weekly habit of riding for a cup of coffee when it warms up this spring. I could try the many coffee shops of Southwest MO, or maybe not. I do enjoy my morning quiet time at home.

Life is hard.
Imagine how difficult it would be without coffee!

John <><

2 comments:

Cloudia said...

Imagine!

Mike said...

No need to imagine for me. I can't stand coffee. I bequeath my earthly coffee allotment to you. I'll figure out what you owe me in return later.