Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Breakfast experiment

By now, most of you know that I am a peanut butter fan!
I use peanut butter on sandwiches the way most people use mayonnaise.
So it got me thinking...

I am also a fan of spicy heat. I have this one hot sauce that is rated 600,000 Scoville heat units (SHU). For reference, jalapeno peppers are 5 to 10,000 SHU. For sandwiches, I put my mayo on the bread (without spreading it out) and then dip a toothpick about halfway into the hot sauce and pull it out. Then I clean the sauce off of the toothpick in the mayo, mix it well and spread it out. That's pretty good for me. It's not too hot, but you will definitely feel the burn.

What if I did the same thing with peanut butter?
One of the advantages of super hot sauces is that because you use so little, you get the heat without adding much flavor. In retrospect, I can't believe I didn't think of this before!

Today's breakfast sandwich: egg, deli ham, pork roast, peanut butter w/Mad Dog 357 sauce on toast.


Oh my!
Spicy hot peanut butter!
I think heaven has just shared one of its secrets with me!

John <><

Warning: When handling hot sauces, always wash your hands before using the bathroom!

No comments: