Sunday, March 04, 2018

Biking and Baseball

This morning I've been checking baseball schedules for weekday, daytime baseball games.
During April and May, the Springfield Cardinals (the big league team's AA club) have several games that begin at 11:10am. They are often attended by busloads of school kids. I have been to several of these games in previous years and the park does a pretty good job hosting enough games to accommodate the many school districts of Southwest MO.

On weeks when the Baby Birds (Sgf Cards) are away, I can ride to Tulsa OK (420 mile round trip) or Springdale AR (230 mile round trip) and watch them play at their opponents' parks. It will make for a nice ride to and from the ballpark.
The St. Louis Cardinals also have several "businessmen's specials" (weekday daytime games) in the spring part of the regular season. I've marked the dates on my calendar and am looking forward to taking in a few games. (460 miles rt)
I've also noticed that the Royals (375 miles rt) have a couple of early season day games, and I still need to check out the Cardinals' AAA team in Memphis (600 miles rt).

Is there a better way to spend a day than a few hundred miles of riding my motorcycle and few hours at the ballpark?
It all begins in about a month!

John <><

1 comment:

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Baseball is such a nice sport!