Saturday, March 03, 2018

Reading

How many books do you read...
...at a time?

I've been working on reading more books. I read plenty of articles from magazines and news outlets on the internet, but I've been getting back to reading books. I'm finding myself in the old habit of having two or three different books going at a time. They are generally very different types of books; usually only one of them is fiction and the others are educational in some way.

My wife reads way more than I do (where books are concerned), but generally reads a book, finishes it, then begins another.

So I was just wondering -- How many of you read multiple books at a time?
Are you like me where one might be for entertainment and the others for information or education?
Or are you more like my wife that reads one to completion before starting another?

Just wondering...

John <><

2 comments:

Mike said...

I can't count how many unfinished books I have around here.

Bilbo said...

I'm usually reading at least two books - one fiction and one non-fiction at once. Oddly, I've been reading a bit less since I retired - I used to have a third book going that was my "commuting" book, but since there's no more commute, that one has fallen by the wayside. I can't read two fiction books at the same time unless they're very different genres (mystery and science fiction, for instance), because I tend to get the plots confused.