Wednesday, March 07, 2018

More on Legacy Living

Life has a funny way of bringing situations together. I'm not a big fan of coincidence as an explanation for those happenings. One church I visit occasionally defines coincidence as a happening in which God chooses to remain anonymous.

In any case...
Yesterday I wrote on Living a Legacy. I was still sitting with my computer and reading when I got a phone call. The number was a 314 area code which I recognized as the St Louis area. I don't usually answer calls from numbers I don't recognize, letting them go to voice mail. For some reason, I answered this call.
It was a voice from the past, an old friend calling to tell me that his mom had died. I wrote about his dad ten years ago in a post I entitled One of My Favorite People. Three years later, I linked to that post in something I wrote about Unsung Heroes, and again about three and a half years after that when I shared my Testimony.
Now here it is, three years later and I'm sharing it again.

I read each of those posts yesterday and spent some time remembering my friend and his family. We have seen Glenda (his mom) a few times in the past several years. Gene and Glenda sort of adopted me and Chris when we first moved to St Louis, so we spent plenty of time with their family for the few years we were in the area. I spent much of yesterday afternoon remembering those times.
Later this week, I'll make the trip to St Louis to pay my respects and honor the life of a woman that simply lived a life that honored God and set an example for those that wish to live a life that will be remembered by others as a life well lived.

John <><

No comments: