Sunday, February 04, 2018

You're Gonna Miss Me ... or not

It's right around freezing in the Ozarks this morning. The forecast is for the temps to climb one or two degrees before starting a downward trend, so we're pretty much at the high for the day. The cold weather makes the upcoming trip to the tropics even more appealing.

Since I'm not one of the daily bloggers and sometimes go extended periods without posting, I doubt that anyone would miss me if I failed to post for the coming week or so. I expect the resort to have some internet service available, although I don't know if it will be available by the pool or beach.
That's okay since I don't plan on spending time on Facebook or keeping up on the latest political side show or center ring happenings. I have my books and cigars -- no wifi access needed.
I will probably post some pics to Instagram (shared to Facebook) when I can and if opportunity allows, I'll write something here.

If previous trips are any indication of how things will go, I'll be up early enough to enjoy a simple breakfast, coffee and some quiet time long before Chris gets up. If internet is available from my breakfast table I'll keep up with my daily Haiku and try to share something from our trip. If that's not the case, I'll see you (so to speak) when I get back.

Here's a little music for your Sunday.
Even though I know I wouldn't be missed, it's nice to think I might be...
(Hint -- for full view, click on the video title instead of the play symbol)


Btw -- Thanks to my son (he was a teenager at the time), I can no longer listen to this song without hearing her say "You're gonna miss me by my taco..."
I know it's "...talk. Oh..." but you'll hear taco from now on, too.
You're welcome.

John <><

1 comment:

Mike said...

I was going to say, "we'll miss you like a broken tooth". But I checked on google and apparently the real saying is, "I'll miss you like a toothache." Apparently St. Louis changed the saying.

When you put the video link into your post, if you change the width from 560 to 440, the whole thing will show up. Go back and change it in the HTML and see!