Monday, February 12, 2018

Vacay -- last full day

It is our last full day in Cancun and this has been a little different trip than we have experienced in the past. I think that Chris and I have spent less time together than on previous travels. We only took one long walk on the beach and haven't ventured off of the resort for a trip into the market or to take any excursions. This is not to say that it's been a bad thing -- just different.

This resort is our first "Adults Only" resort. I will say that there are things that I really like about this resort as well as things that I don't. Not having kids splashing around the pool is a plus for an old guy that just wants to relax, but traveling during the school year pretty much limits that anyway. Individual service has been less than we have been accustomed to for all inclusive resorts, but it's not that big of a deal.

Let me be clear -- I've had a great time and can't say that I'm ready to leave. It's just been a little different.

This is only the second time we have traveled with another couple. And it is the first time to travel with two other couples. I do have to say that I have enjoyed the dynamics of our differences. Our travel companions are just four of the many Canadians that populate the resort. Most of them seem to be from Quebec and French is spoken as much as English is around the pool. Chris and I are the oldest of our small group, with the youngest being alive for fewer years than we've been married.
sigh

Tomorrow we will have breakfast, check out and board the shuttle bus to the airport.
Another easy day in the life of John.

John <><

2 comments:

Mike said...

This was a short trip.

John A Hill said...

Feels like it.
7 nights