Thursday, February 08, 2018

Vacay - Day 3

It is the morning of our third day in Cancun Mexico. This is our first time staying at the Grand Oasis Sens and I am enjoying our time here. Our "key card" is embedded into our bracelet, so I don't have to worry about forgetting or losing the room key!

So far -- the sun has been warm, the drinks have been cold, the view has been magnificent, and the time spent with friends has been fabulous. One of the couples in our group (there are two other couples with us) booked a VIP suite that has a small private pool on their balcony/patio. We spent some time there yesterday afternoon and I'm sure we will invade their space more in the coming days. Chris mentioned that if we return here, she would like to book the VIP package. The rooms come with either a pool or hot tub, along with other perks and VIP members only areas. I told Chris that I think I'd prefer a hot tub this time of year. We could slum with the masses at the main pool or beach during the day and then enjoy the private hot tub in the evening after dinner.

I'm beginning to think that a part time working gig may not be a bad idea for the time that Chris continues to work. I have a feeling we could easily spend additional income on more traveling. Or perhaps to save up to buy a nice beach home and be able to travel back to the states on occasion. I'm pretty certain that we wouldn't have to worry about our kids coming to visit us. We may even have a few friends or relatives that would come visit us!

I have to admit that I have read and posted more on social networks than I expected that I would. Even so, I am reconsidering my connectedness (spell check tells me connectedness isn't a word, but you know what I mean) to the world. Several of my internet friends  have recently done some cleansing of their Facebook followers. Perhaps it's time that I do some re-evaluating of my own.

Please take no offense if you get dropped. It's probably just that we have little in common and have no other contact than through Facebook. I'll probably drop many of you that are more acquaintances than close friends. If you get dropped and want to keep up with me, I'd suggest subscribing to this blog or following me on Twitter or Instagram. I'm @magicianary on both of them. Or you can always request to be re-added. Like I said, no offense is intended, I'm just doing a little cleansing.

But the sun is getting bright and I'm tired of straining against the glare to see what I'm writing so I'm ending my morning rant and back to relaxing with a real book.

Adios, amigos!

John<><

No comments: