Saturday, January 28, 2017

Travel Time!

It is time for another journey to a sunny beach!
Well, almost time.

Later today we will make the drive to St Louis where we will overnight before our morning flight to our beach destination of Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. The drive to St Louis is a bit of a pain but the non-stop flight and the cheaper fare obviously makes it worthwhile if you have the time...and we do. Plus it's like you get an extra day on your travels.
As usual, a friend will be house sitting and taking care of the critters while we're gone.

I hope to post some pics on Instagram and write about our trip here, at Out of My Hat.
Since our resort will have free wifi, we decided to skip the additional charge of expanding our cell coverage for data and texts and will use the internet for any necessary communication. If this trip is like others, I will have some time quiet time in the morning to enjoy coffee, a light breakfast, and time to write or browse the internet before Chris gets up and joins me for breakfast and a day of lounging by the pool or ocean.

I still plan to complete my 3000 squat/1000 push up challenge for January and to get started on my February exercise challenge. More on that in a few days.

Passport -- check
swim suit & flipflops -- check
sunglasses -- check

I'm ready to go!

John <><

2 comments:

Mike said...

Non stop gives you a better chance of not losing your luggage.

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Have a great trip, John!