Saturday, January 10, 2009

Slacker Blogger

So as I sign on today to catch up on blogging, I get MIKE'S obnoxious blogger harassing comment.

Yes I have been busy.

Sunday night was Aaron's first sermon. He preached the Sunday night message at Hopedale and did a great job. There were lots of friends that came to hear him as well as a good turnout from our church family. Rather than read a proud dad's rants about his message, here are what a couple of others had to say: here and here.

On Wednesday we (Chris, Aaron and I) headed to Chicago to take Aaron to the Moody Bible Institute to begin this semester. I think that Aaron will adapt well to life at Moody. Unfortunately, Aaron will only be able to transfer 11 of the 45+ credit hours that he earned at Columbia College towards his degree in Pastoral Ministries. He basically is a second semester freshman rather than a second semester sophomore. C'est la vie. Registration and orientation was Thursday and Friday. I came back yesterday, Chris is driving back today with Aaron's girlfriend's mom.

Anyways, it has been a very busy week. I've been keeping up with reading other blogs but haven't really found the time to write. I realize that this isn't more than a simple filler post but that's all for today. I'm sure I'll be back into the blogging mode in the next couple of days.

John

5 comments:

Sicilian said...

Missed your writings!
Ciao

HEALTH NUT WANNABEE MOM said...

That is so wonderful about your son! You must be very proud and he sounds like a wonderful person. Also, sorry for the harrassing comment you received. I received a horrible comment once and it still bothers me. I get so many nice ones and that horrible one still sticks with me which is ridiculous I know. Good luck to your son at college!

Mike said...

"only transfer 11 of the 45+ credit hours"

Bummer! That's a big hit on the pocketbook.

John A Hill said...

Not to worry, Heidi. It's just Mike being Mike. If he didn't give me a hard time, I'd think he quit caring!

fiona said...

John - sheesh I'm proud for you!
Good to have you back darlin!