Thursday, January 01, 2009

19 Days to Go

With only nineteen days left in the Bush Administration, I thought that I would share some of my favorite quotes from the President that has best exemplified what a C student can do if given the opportunity. (He graduated from Yale with a cumulative GPA of 2.35!)

From a campaign speech in St. Charles MO, November 2000:
"They want the federal government controlling the Social Security like it's some kind of federal program."

In 2005:
"Who could have possibly envisioned an erection--an election in Iraq at this point in history?"

In a national radio address from 2001:
"My plan reduces the national debt, and fast. So fast...that economists worry that we're going to run out of debt to retire."
Yeah, right, George.

From a 2002 speech in DC:
"I just want you to know that when we talk about war, we're really talking about peace."

And from Beaverton, Oregon, September 2000:
"More and more of our imports come from overseas."

More later,
Happy New Year.

John

7 comments:

Mike said...

We're going to miss him. Like .... I don't know like what.

John A Hill said...

...like the guy that threw shoes missed him?

Sicilian said...

My girls bought me a whole calendar with all of those wonderful sayings. . . They are priceless.
Ciao

John A Hill said...

Chris has had the calendar for the past two years. It is amazing that one person can say so many stupid things!

Bilbo said...

I get a rise from all the die-hard conservative commentators who keep telling us how underrated Mr Bush is and how future historians will look back on him as a great president. I'll be back in a few minutes after I throw up.

Magic Utopia said...

Great blog. The one about talking about war really talking about peace is one of my favorites. I loved hearing him ask the question "Is our children learning?" when in Florence, S.C. on Jan 11, 2000.

Unknown said...

This is hilarious. The only thing I'll miss is John Stewart and Stephen Colbert wont be using Bushisms much longer. Thanks for sharing and great blog by the way.