Tuesday, November 05, 2019

Autumn

It's another beautiful day in the Ozarks!
After a week of cold, rainy weather we are back to sunny days and Temps in the 60s. The nights are still cool, but not cold. It's what one would expect for Fall in southwest Missouri.

I'm not a fan.
Truly the only thing that's keeping me here is this is where Chris wants to be.
I'm not a fan of the cold weather seasons. I'm not a fan of the local political climate. I'm not a fan of the self-righteous religious people. I'd gladly trade long motorcycle rides on twisty country roads for daily walks on a sunny beach.

But here I am, building a new house and getting comfortable with the idea that this is where I live.
Life is about adapting, right?
sigh

John <><

2 comments:

Cloudia said...

WE had a wonderful opportunity to live in marin in a wonderful house! After 30 years in Honolulu, it just wasn't us. I'm home now and myself again. Didn't buy another motorcycle, but thrilled to be home where life has history and stories and makes sense. Also: NOT COLD! Mixed. Multi-cultural local history and culture.... forget the angry whites! they scare me and I'm light skinned myself!
i fear for our country.

Mike said...

There's a plan for you John. Finish the house, sell it, move to Hawaii.