Friday, December 01, 2017

Welcome to December!

Whew!
I, for one, am happy to put November in the history heap!
Let's move on!

I have been informed that today will be a day of putting up Christmas decorations. I've never been a Clark Griswold kind of guy when it comes to decorating. I suppose this year's Christmas decorations will be similar to recent years with some simple indoor stuff and a wreath on the door.
Truthfully, Chris does most of the decorating. my job is hauling the boxes from the attic and taking care of the heavy lifting.

I suppose it is time to get into the holiday spirit.
I'm not really a Scrooge about the holidays, but neither am I an all about Christmas kind of guy. I'll be listening to classic rock instead of Christmas music right up until Christmas Eve or so. I'll not be wishing for a white Christmas, even though a little winter weather isn't going to make it difficult to get to work on time.

I am looking forward to getting together with the kids for a holiday visit the week after Christmas.
And I'm looking forward to 2018! What will the coming year hold for us?

It's December!
Let's do this!

John <><

2 comments:

Mike said...

Box, beer, rest. Box, beer, rest. Make a day of it.

John A Hill said...

Sounds like you're speaking from experience.