In my head I just said a bad word.
It wasn't because I'm out of coffee at home. I knew that and was planning on a morning trip to a coffee shop. It was because it is chilly enough to require long sleeves and long pants.
I know that the days of flannel shirts and sweat pants are coming. I just didn't think they'd be here this quickly. Of course, if I had stayed home for coffee I would have been okay with shorts and I will be changing as the day warms up. Maybe I should have just slept later.
I am no longer a regular patron of Starbucks and I'm not certain why I chose the Ozark Starbucks for my morning shop, but I am sitting here watching the morning staff move about in a kind of coordinated chaos that is pretty impressive. The odd thing is -- there isn't anyone else in the store.
All of the hustle is for orders that are made on line and the customers will come in for pick up, go through the drive up lane, or have their order delivered via Door Dash or some other service.
I am the lone in store patron.
I wonder if it is always like this.
Sometimes I think owning a coffee shop would be cool.
However, I'd need some of this young energy to keep up with the morning demand.
Unless it was one of the laid back, kind of chill places in Puerto Vallarta that offers a little peace along with your morning brew.
No mobile ordering.
Some good, made on the spot breakfast sandwiches (not the microwaved stuff found here)
And always a bit of friendly conversation -- even for the gringos that come in.
One of my favorite coffee shops in PV is also a book store and art gallery -- A Page in the Sun.
I think Books, Brews (both coffee and craft beer), and Bourbon would make for a wonderful place to hang out and spend a little slice of the day.
A simple kitchen with breakfast sandwiches and bar snacks might make for a lovely gathering place.
If you know of such a place, let me know.
It's almost 8 AM and the day is warming up nicely.
It's time to buy some beans and head home to start the day.
No biggie
Just another day in the life of John
Be well, my friends
John
Thursday, September 24, 2026
Cool Nights, Warm Days
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment