Tonight's sunset for the Ozarks of Southwestern Missouri happens just minutes after the September equinox making it the first sunset of fall.
The earth reaches equinox at 7:05 pm and the sunsets in Highlandville at 7:09.
And as if somebody flipped a switch, the weather this week is considerably cooler than it has been.
Yesterday evening, we turned off the a/c and opened the windows!
I know that doesn't sound like a big deal, but I love having opened windows and doors.
Because this is the Ozarks, I know that we are not finished with warm weather -- and that's a good thing! I am a summer guy and do not look forward to flannel shirts and long pants. Shorts, t-shirts, and barefoot are more my thing.
I will make the most of the current day's weather and that means mowing and doing early fall gardening clean-up and yard work. I'm going to have to load up on the allergy meds, though. I was pretty miserable by last night after working outside yesterday. I don't want to be dealing with that at the ballgame tonight.
Tonight the Springfield Cardinals will be playing for the Texas League Championship!
Winning it will make back-to-back championships for the team. I am looking forward to an exciting ballgame.
But first --
There is work to do and I must get busy!
So long, Summer!
Let's do it again next year!
John
Tuesday, September 22, 2026
Just in time for fall...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment