Sunday, March 03, 2024

Sunny Sunday

I am really enjoying my morning coffee and quiet time on the deck.
I know there will still be mornings when it is going to be too cold to be comfortable out here, but I am going to enjoy being out here more often as we get closer to spring and summer. 

I suppose "quiet time" is a bit of a misnomer. The morning chatter from the birds, the dogs barking in the distance, and the constant hum of traffic from the nearby highway are not very quiet. Even so, this is my peaceful (if not quiet) place.
I had a thought that I might actually go to church this morning, but I'm pretty comfortable here and I don't think that being in a building with a bunch of people will bring me any closer to my Creator. It's true that there is a benefit to the corporate worship (the musicians, singers and worship leader at The Venues are excellent) and the message is usually very good, but I am finding church time to be less and less beneficial to my everyday relationship with God and all things spiritual. The church community is beneficial and there are always people there that I am happy to see. I'm just not certain that the few moments of "Hi, how are you?" are enough to make me want to actually be there.

I hope that today will be a good day for you.
I hope that you find time to connect with God through nature or through other people.
I hope that the warm, sunny mornings will continue to be more frequent and that cool ones will fade away as winter finally comes to an end.
I hope...

John 

1 comment:

Mike said...

70 degrees here again. I just hope the summer doesn't get carried away with all this extra heat.