Thursday, July 27, 2023

I missed it! Blogoversary #17!

It was Tuesday, July 25, 2006 that I posted my very first entry at Out of My Hat
Tuesday, July 25, 2023 marked 17 years that I've been posting. The blog, its content, and its personality have all changed to reflect my own evolution throughout the past couple of decades. There are a couple of fellow bloggers that have been here since the beginning or at least the early days. Many more have moved on to other platforms or just disappeared into the virtual cloud.

If you're interested in that first post, you can find it here.
That book has never been written, although I occasionally think about it.
I have written more than 2600 posts over the years, made a few virtual friends, and even managed to meet a couple of fellow bloggers in different parts of the country. 

I expect to keep writing for the time being. It's more therapeutic than anything. I don't keep track of readers like I used to. For a while I was getting regular hits from about 30 countries and around 100 or more hits per post. I lost a number of readers and friends over the years from posts that didn't sit well with them. It seems to be the way of things now. Some made a big deal of the differences, others just quietly disappeared. Some of them I miss. Most of them I don't.
Now I write for myself and am happy with the few regular readers that I have.

If you are here and read Out of My Hat regularly (or even occasionally), thank you. 
I generally share my posts on Facebook and Twitter (now X) if you want to follow me there, or you can subscribe directly to the blog.

Retired ATC
Deconstructed Southern Baptist Evangelist
Former Magician
Struggling follower of Jesus
Curmudgeon in training

John

2 comments:

Mike said...

"Deconstructed Southern Baptist Evangelist"
You're being really kind to those assholes. Who do you think you are? An actual Christian?

John A Hill said...

More like #4, Mike.
Struggling follower of Jesus