Saturday, July 08, 2023

What's Going On?

I think our trip to Mexico and spending time out with the kids and their friends nearly every night has been a bad influence on me. We got back home on Sunday, spent Tuesday (July 4th) with friends all day, Thursday was More Than at 425 (midweek church group), Friday night (last night) I was out to see friends play at a local taproom, and I'm thinking about finding a place to go watch the fights tonight.
Plus I have meetings or gatherings scheduled for Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday nights next week!
And I had the morning coffee shop experience yesterday!

What in the literal hell is going on?

A funny observation about last night:
The band was Kit Barley & The Creekside Bandits. (You should follow them on Facebook if you are in SWMO) They have a pretty decent local following and usually pack a venue. There's another introvert follower that I've seen at some of their other gigs. He comes alone, sips a few beers throughout the night, and listens to the music. We usually acknowledge each other's presence, might share a few words of conversation, and quietly enjoy the evening. I get that guy.

I like going to Kit Barley gigs. The band has a really good energy about them and the voices harmonize quite well. The lead singer/lead guitarist is one of those people that just makes me feel good about being around him. 
Do you know somebody like that? Somebody that you see and instantly your day is better?
He's one of those people for me. Actually, the entire band is like that, but I think he is the focal point of that vibe. I am happy for them that they have been playing quite a bit this summer.

Overall, I usually have a positive evening when out to hear Kit Barley. The positive energy from my friends in the band more than offsets the energy drain of being around people. Most people exposures aren't like that for me. 

Maybe I'll skip going out for the fights tonight. 
We'll see.

Find some people or things to recharge today. When you are fully charged, you can share that energy with others.

John

1 comment:

Mike said...

I found this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XcbRJFWDDw