Thursday, July 27, 2023

Early to rise...

My sleep pattern has been off this week. Part of it has been intentional, but it is a little more extreme than I was looking for. Typically I go to sleep between midnight and 1 AM and then get up around 7 or so. I have my coffee and quiet time and make a slow start to the day. Since it's been getting hot early, I thought I'd go to bed earlier and start my day a little earlier. This morning I was awake at 4:30, up at 5, and sipping coffee on the deck by 5:30.
The sun is up now and it is already starting to warm up. I need to get a little yard work in before it gets too hot -- watering and more weeding of flower beds. I'm also going to try starting some new hibiscus plants from clippings. Mowing will have to wait for another day.

By the time it gets too hot for a fat, old guy to be working in the heat I will be relaxing with a cold beverage and either smoking a cigar or playing around with my ukulele. I may skip the More Than at 425 tonight. I'm still recovering from all the people-ing on Sat/Sun/Mon. 
We'll see how that goes.

It's not yet 7 AM and I'm ready to get to work. 
Have a great day and keep cool. It's triple digits for SWMO again.

John

No comments: