Thursday, July 20, 2023

Dr Appointments

Not a fan.
I suppose you get to the point of realizing the necessity of them, but they still seem like a waste of time to me. I am fortunate that I don't have them often and remain pretty healthy for a fat guy. My lab numbers came back in good shape from my annual physical a couple of weeks ago, but there are a couple of areas that need some attention.

This morning I have an appointment with a dermatologist. My old dermatologist passed away a couple of years ago and getting into one as a new patient is difficult here. I was able to get a referral and an appointment from my family doc. Early morning appointments kind of suck because I'd rather start the day slowly and more peacefully. On the other hand, I've found there to be less waiting on a doctor and staff that has gotten progressively further behind as the day goes on.
I have become better about the sitting and waiting bit as a retired guy, but I'd rather not spend hours in waiting rooms if it can be avoided so I generally try for morning appointments.

There is a gentle rain this morning and it is a nice (but brief) way to start the day -- sitting on the deck, good coffee, morning sounds, light rain.

Do you have a regular morning routine?
Does it throw your day off if it gets disturbed or missed?
Do you schedule things like appointments in a way that preserves your morning routine?

John

1 comment:

Mike said...

I try and schedule all doctor appointments after 1PM. Right after lunch so they may be caught up in their schedule.