Wednesday, December 23, 2020

2020 Lessons

The cover pic from my Facebook says:

The biggest lesson of 2019:
The further I got from religion
The closer I got to God

I guess it's getting time to change that cover pic and I'm wondering if I'll use an actual picture of something or someplace (previously I had pics of my bike and the bay at Zihuatanejo in Guerrero, Mexico), or a lesson learned in 2020.

Hmmm...
The further I got from people...
???

That's probably not a great idea since most of you readers are people and it would probably finish with something like "...the more I realized how much people suck." 
It's been a long year, to be sure, and I know that the whole social distancing thing (which will carry into '21) has been a pain in the keester for most people. Personally, I haven't really minded it.

Sure, there are people I miss seeing. I miss listening to live music (something we had just started doing in 2019) with friends and having a drink or dinner. Masks aren't really the pain that some people make them out to be, just an inconvenience. The social distancing is what is more difficult for such social beings.

The coronavirus and the election politics are the two things that have dominated everything in the US during 2020 and what I've learned from those two things is, "...I realized how much people suck."
sigh
I should probably just find a pretty picture.

What have you learned in 2020?
It may be that you've learned that John is an ass and it's been good not having him around so much. 
That's fair. After all, John is a people and well, "...people suck."

Help me out.
What should I have learned in 2020?

John

1 comment:

Mike said...

I've been too busy to learn anything. Probably you too.