Tuesday, December 08, 2020

Dinner Plans?

Just curious -- when do you plan for dinner? Or do you?
Do you make up a weekly menu and shop accordingly?
Do you put frozen meats in the fridge a couple of days early to thaw? Or maybe thaw on the counter same day? Microwave thaw just before cooking?
Maybe you don't make plans and just sort of wing it night after night?

We used to eat out quite a bit, but now (you know, pandemic) we stay home for dinner. The common afternoon question in our house is, "What are you making for dinner?"

It's forecast to be sunny and mid 50s in the Ozarks (12c) so I think I'll put some ribs on the grill along with a couple of baked potatoes. Maybe I can talk Chris into making a salad.

So -- What's for dinner at your house? 
And when did you decide that?

John

2 comments:

AuntieAllyn said...

Dinner? Tonight? I have absolutely no idea, and I’m the one who usually does the meals around here. We have a freezer full of frozen beef, maybe I need to pull something out for tonight. And a salad. That’ll do.

John A Hill said...

We pretty much split the cooking duties. I think Chris gets tired of my cooking and wants hers sometimes and I'm okay with that.
Sometimes neither of us wants to cook and we declare a "fend for yourself" night!