Monday, March 18, 2019

Ugh! Computers!

So my laptop/tablet/flexbook took some damage yesterday. I have a nice spiderweb in the lower left corner of my screen that has one line that crosses the entire screen and a few that make it to the top of the screen. It's looks like I'll be shopping for a new one.

This one still functions, but...
Because it has a touch screen and the screen is damaged, it gets some weird signals and jumps around on its own. Sometimes it only happens once in a while. Sometimes it happens constantly. It looks like I can disable the touch screen drivers, but I would have to do it every time I power up the device since they automatically reboot on start up.
I haven't checked yet, but I suspect that a new screen repair will cost as much as a new device.

This is an Insignia 11.6" Flexbook.
I like it, but will probably step down to the 10.1" version if I go with another Flexbook. I've been using the tablet function more frequently and the 11.6 version is a little big for that.
I'm also deciding between continuing with a laptop or going back to a Chromebook. Most of what I do is online and through Google Chrome anyway.

I'm such a technology dinosaur. Simple is good for me.
Ugh!

John <><

1 comment:

Mike said...

I don't know what kind you have exactly but here is a do it yourself replacement screen for $22.
https://www.amazon.com/Replacement-Screen-Digitizer-Nextbook-NXW116QC264/dp/B018KHF5FO