Monday, March 04, 2019

Is Less Really More?

I need to get rid of stuff -- lots of stuff!
Being the technology dinosaur that I am, I have never used the internet or apps to sell anything. I've purchased a couple of things off eBay and found my motorcycle on Craig's list, but that's about it for buying and selling used items. Does StubHub count? I've done that, too.

I think I'm going to have to get familiar with Craig's list and/or Facebook marketplace so that I can sell some of this stuff and begin working my way towards a simpler, less cluttered life. We may have to do the dreaded spring garage sale, although I have to say that I really hate that idea. Maybe that will be my motivation to learn the art of selling via apps.

Just wondering -- is there still a classified section to sell personal items through a local newspaper?
Do people still do that?

In any case, I need to get rid of stuff.
Making a money would be cool. Donating to charity is certainly an option. Hauling stuff to the dump or waiting for the city-wide haul away your junk for free day is also an option, but I hate to trash usable stuff. Most of the stuff is still usable, we just no longer have a need for it.

What is your favorite way to sell your stuff?
Favorite app?
Favorite charity?
You know spring is only a couple of weeks away. Isn't getting rid off stuff a part of spring cleaning?

John <><


2 comments:

Cloudia said...

Donation. I'm too lazy

Mike said...

I've looked into selling stuff on eBay. It just looks like way to much trouble for what little money you get. We've been donating to the Vietnam Veterans. They took about 20 boxes of stuff a few months ago. We are getting another load ready for them.

For old electronics, there is always a recycling drive somewhere for them.