Friday, March 01, 2019

It's March

In like a lion.
March has finally arrived
Haiku month's ended!

Yeah, that was a weird haiku challenge that I made for myself. I'm glad it's over.
And judging from the response (or non-response), so is everyone else!
Now I'll be back to my irregular and sometimes irreverent posting.

I just finished a book called Red Letter Revolution: What if Jesus really meant what he said? 
I think I'll read more of co-author, Shane Claiborne's books. It took me a while to get through it since reading has become less of a habit and it was one of three books that I was working through (that doesn't count the Bible and the daily devotional reading for the blog).
I'll finish the second of those three, Defiant, today. The third is a the only fiction book of the three, Bleak Harbor, which was a freebie on Amazon Prime and I'm just getting started on it. It's a little weird because I've long ago gotten out of the habit of reading fiction. There are several other fiction books queued up on the Kindle reader, so maybe it will become a thing again. It's every bit as entertaining and only slightly more fictional reading than scrolling Facebook. And since books are labeled as fiction rather than fake lives presented as real, it's less frustrating and more entertaining.

I'll probably look for another non-fiction read to work through as I continue with Bleak Harbor, and the fiction will pretty much take the backseat, relegated to late night reading or when I'm alone and waiting for something -- appointment, car maintenance, etc.

*****

It's going to be a cold, wintry weekend in the Ozarks. I'm looking forward to preaching this Sunday and next Sunday.

I hope that March is a good month for you.
I hope that you are kind to the people you meet as you live out the month.
I hope that you have the opportunity to make somebody smile today.
I hope that someone makes you smile today.
I hope that today is a good day, and if it's not...
I hope that tomorrow is better.
I hope.



John <><




No comments: