Thursday, September 07, 2017

Road Trip, Day 2

Today was an easy day.
I slept in and then we went out to breakfast.

Last night Dad told me that when Mary (my sister) was home last week, they took her out to dinner and a movie. He said that's why we had dinner at home. I kidded them about needing to be the first kid to visit. Maybe that's why they took me out to breakfast!

We went back to the house and visited until after lunch when I loaded up the bike and started out to Chicago. I encountered a little more traffic than expected, but made it to Aaron and Jenny's without any problems. We walked to Lagunita's for dinner and are back at the kids' place to visit and watch a little Cardinal baseball.

Tomorrow will be the first long day -- 560 miles.
I'll get an early start and take my time along the way. I imagine I'll stop for coffee and breakfast once I clear most of the Chicago traffic. I really don't know what the day will hold or where or how often I'll stop. I'm hoping to make it to the Canadian camp ground in the early evening.

Today's ride wasn't as windy as yesterday, or it didn't feel as windy with some of it being at my back. That may be the case again tomorrow. I might use my helmet radio for a little while tomorrow. Maybe not. I enjoy riding with nothing but the sound of the wind and the bike.
Not much in the way of adventure today, just some relaxing visiting with family.

John <><

1 comment:

Duckbutt said...

Glad your trip is going well.