Saturday, September 16, 2017

Road Trip, Day 11 Changing plans

So one of the freedoms of no schedule is being able to change plans mid-trip.

I'm to the place that I can ride two pretty moderate days or three pretty easy days to wrap things up. I'll be honest -- I'm looking forward to being home. Living out of a suitcase when you're staying in one place for a week or so is one thing; changing locations everyday is a figurative pain in the butt.

I'm thinking of going two days and I think I'll stretch them a bit and swing to the south and add a few more states to the list. If I head south to Huntsville AL, I'll drive the eastern part of Tennessee, cut the corner of Georgia and then pick up Mississippi and Arkansas on the way home. I'll miss Kentucky (which was on my planned route), but gain the four other states.

So far I've managed to touch MO, IL, IN, MI, VT, NH, ME, MA, RI, CT, NY, NJ, DE, MD,VA and NC. I also managed DC in rush hour and traveled two Canadian provinces.

I guess if I'm going to do that, I should get going! I'll write about the journey when I'm sitting comfortably on my own sofa and sipping a cup of coffee.
Until then, here are a couple of pics from the people I visited with yesterday.

The lady that kept NATCA together for my entire career and her soon-to-be husband



My new great nephew


...oh yeah, and his parents!

More later.
Be safe and keep an eye out for old guys on motorcycles.

John <><

2 comments:

Mike said...

So, stop by home, pick up clean clothes, then head West?

Elvis Wearing a Bra on His Head said...

Have a great ride, John!