Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Spring planting, spring cleaning and more...

It was a beautiful day in the Ozarks and I missed a fine day to take a nice ride on my motorcycle.
I have recommitted to restructuring my lifestyle to include daily walking again and there was a few other things that I needed to take care of as well.

We have a new sofa and love seat that are scheduled to be delivered tomorrow and needed to move our current furniture to the basement. I used son-in-law manpower to help with the task.
I'm glad they live close and Daniel was willing to help. He (and Hannah) took a little break from work and came by this afternoon.

After moving the furniture and visiting for a little while, the kids headed back to finish their work day and I decided to work at planting my garden. I still need to build a couple of more raised beds. For now, I have onions, carrots, cucumbers, summer squash, spinach, cabbage, red leaf lettuce, and romaine lettuce.

I still have peas, tomatoes, and a variety of peppers to plant.
I'm also going to be planting some flowers.

I stopped working in the garden to take a shower and then Chris and I went out to dinner. I had a strawberry, salmon, mixed green salad. I had water to drink. You know -- healthy stuff.

At home again, I've been working downstairs while watching TV. We've definitely got too much stuff! I guess it's time for me to check into Craig's List or some other online garage sale type of app. That might be more effective than an actual garage sale. Or -- there is the old fashioned garage sale.

Tomorrow is forecast to be a stormy day and should give me plenty opportunity to work on the indoor tasks. I hope to have the opportunity for my walk. Riding the motorcycle will have to wait. On the plus side, weather Friday should be clear enough to take the bike for my 400 mile trip.

That should make up for a few days of not riding!

John <><

No comments: