Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Cancun: Day 3

Day 3 was another beautiful day!

Okay, by beach standards it may not have been great, but by John standards for a Monday in January -- it was absolutely wonderful!

It began as a pretty overcast sky but it was warm and breezy. I skipped the morning sunrise pic because of the cloud cover and only took a short 1 mile walk. The sun did come out shortly before noon and our friends from Canada arrived in time for lunch. We spend the afternoon and evening getting reacquainted with Jo-Jo and getting to know Gord -- and we laughed (a lot)!



We also met a younger couple from near the Yakima, WA area and they decided to hang out with the older people as we talked until past midnight. Sarah (don't know if she uses the "h" or not) is an engineer that works for WDOT (so she reminded me of our daughter in law, Jenny) and Mike is a construction worker.

It was a very enjoyable evening. This is the six of us by the ocean this morning.



I didn't know if I would be up for sunrise or not but did manage to get a couple of pics. It is supposed to rain sometime later today and possibly storm tomorrow.
No worries, right?



Right now I am fighting to see the screen on my Chromebook as I type away in the bright sunlight on the beach. It's pretty rough in the life of John Hill!

John <><

No comments: