Sunday, January 24, 2016

Cancun: Day 2

I was up at dawn and sat on the deck while waiting for the sun to grace the Caribbean sky.



And when the sun made its appearance about twenty minutes later, it was a glorious beginning to the day!



I was pleased to find the coffee at breakfast to be very good! Much, much better than what they served at dinner last night! After a light breakfast, I grabbed a couple of chairs on the beach and placed our towels and stuff on them. I enjoyed the sounds of the waves as background music for my daily Bible reading. You've got to admit, it's a pretty cool way to start the day!

When I finished with my stationary quiet time, I started out on a more mobile quiet time -- a 2.5 mile walk on the beach. It wasn't my usual quick pace. It was a steady pace, but barefoot on the sand is a little more work than walking the streets of Ozark! Shortly after I finished, Chris joined me on the beach and we began a pretty relaxing day. We did add another two miles of walking on the beach and a couple more miles walking through some of the shops that were open on a Sunday afternoon.

Again, the food was excellent for both lunch and dinner.
I had an avocado stuffed with tuna salad on a bed of greens and a medium rare flank steak with grilled cactus, onions and Pablano pepper, flan for dessert.
For dinner I had a grilled fish fillet (don't know what kind) with rice and veggies fried lightly in olive oil.
Delicious!

The sun has set (I missed taking a pic) and the moon has risen. Moonrise was as beautiful as sunrise!
My God paints a beautiful picture!



We're winding down the day (party animals that we are) chilling in the lobby and making use of the hotel's wi-fi.
Tomorrow we'll be joined by our Canadian friends and are looking forward to the rest of the week.

I hope that you are warm and safe and enjoying your week, as well!
It's a good week to be John Hill!

John <><





1 comment:

eViL pOp TaRt said...

It sounds like you're enjoying your trip to Cancun. Have a great time down there!